Mascarpone creme cake
Styrian pumpkin seed oil can also be used for desserts: I used pumpkin seed oil for the cream of this delicious mascarpone cake. A very good idea!
The pumpkin oil gives the mascarpone cream a light pumpkin seed oil green, as you see on the photo.
The very fluffy dough is also colored a little green by the pumpkin seeds.
This is an easy cake recipe.
Whether for Mother’s Day or for Karin, your girlfriend.
I’m sure you’ll agree: Both of them will be happy about this cake.
The perfect surprise for the next birthday.
There are many different recipes for mascarpone cream.
I think this variant with its nice green colour is the most beautiful.
Mascarpone creme cake
For the cake base
- 120 g butter
- 120 g sugar
- 4 eggs
- 110 g pumpkin seeds
- 50 g flour
- 50 g pumpkin seed flour
- 1/2 sachet baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- grated zest of one lemon
For the creme
- 70 g sugar
- 250 g sweet cream
- 500 g mascarpone
- 3 tbsp pumpkin seed oil
- 3 tbsp rum
- 6 sheet og gelatine
- 1/2 jar raspberry jam
- 100 g Pumpkin seed brittle / optional
- Preparation of the dough
- Whisk the egg whites and set aside.
- Cream the yolks with the butter and sugar.
- Grind pumpkin seeds. Then mix together the pumpkin seeds, flour and baking powder.
- Stir 1/2 the egg whites and flour mixture into the yolk mixture. Fold the remaining egg whites into the mixture by hand.
- Pour the mixture into a buttered and floured cake tin, bake at 180°C for approx. 35 minutes and allow to cool.
- Spread the hot cake base with raspberry jam.
- Preparation of the creme
- Whip the cream and set aside.
- Mix the mascarpone with the pumpkin seed oil, rum and sugar.
- Melt the gelatin according to the instructions on the sacket and stir into the mascarpone cream.
- Fold in the whipped cream.
- Break the pumpkin seed brittle into smaller pieces (set aside 12 nice pieces for decoration) and stir into the cream.
- Fill the cream into the cake tin with the cake base. Chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Remove the cake ring. Spread a thin layer of jam on the outer edge and sprinkle with ground pumpkin seeds. Finally, garnish the cake with the prepared pumpkin seed brittle pieces.